Mechanical Refrigeration Units
Mechanical Refrigeration Units (MRUs) use a chilled medium to condense natural gas liquids (NGLs) from the process gas stream.
- Creates value uplift by extracting NGLs from the gas stream
- Reduce BTU value of process gas to meet pipeline specifications
- Eliminates penalties paid for delivering gas outside required specification
Benefits of a Spartan MRU:
- Rapid deployment to bring gas and liquids on line as quickly as possible
- Can be used as a temporary solution in existing facilities to manage a peak level of production or alleviate bottlenecks
- Provides early stage capacity while permanent facilities are put into place
Joule-Thomson (J-T plants)
A Joule-Thomson plant is a self-refrigeration process that uses a drop in gas pressure to cause a gas to chill. The plant condenses heavy hydrocarbons out of the gas to meet pipeline specifications while removing excess liquids. These liquids are recovered and stored into other salable hydrocarbons such as propane, butane, and natural gasoline.
Spartan JT Skid